- Adelman, C. (2006). The Toolbox Revisited: Paths to Degree Completion From High School Through College. ED Pubs, P. Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED490195
- Berger, A., Adelman, N., & Cole, S. (2010). The Early College High School Initiative: An Overview of Five Evaluation Years. Peabody Journal of Education, 85(3), 333–347. https://doi.org/10.1080/0161956X.2010.491697
- Born, T. (2006). Middle and early college high schools: Providing multilevel support and accelerated learning. New Directions for Community Colleges, 2006(135), 49–58. https://doi.org/10.1002/cc.247
- Conley, D. T. (2012). A Complete Definition of College and Career Readiness. Educational Policy Improvement Center. Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED537876
- Edmunds, J. A., Bernstein, L., Glennie, E., Willse, J., Arshavsky, N., Unlu, F., … Dallas, A. (2010). Preparing Students for College: The Implementation and Impact of the Early College High School Model. Peabody Journal of Education, 85(3), 348–364. https://doi.org/10.1080/0161956X.2010.491702
- Edmunds, J. A., Bernstein, L., Unlu, F., Glennie, E., Willse, J., Smith, A., & Arshavsky, N. (2012). Expanding the Start of the College Pipeline: Ninth-Grade Findings From an Experimental Study of the Impact of the Early College High School Model. Journal of Research on Educational Effectiveness, 5(2), 136–159. https://doi.org/10.1080/19345747.2012.656182
- Hoffman, N. (2003). College Credit in Hingh School: Increasing College Attainment Rates for Underrepresented Students. Change: The Magazine of Higher Learning, 35(4), 42–48. https://doi.org/10.1080/00091380309604110
- Hoffman, N., Vargas, J., & Santos, J. (2009). New directions for dual enrollment: Creating stronger pathways from high school through college. New Directions for Community Colleges, 2009(145), 43–58. https://doi.org/10.1002/cc.354
- Hoffman, N., Vargas, J., Venezia, A., & Miller, M. S. (2007). Minding the Gap: Why Integrating High School with College Makes Sense and How to Do It. Harvard Education Press.
- Kaniuka, T. S., & Vickers, M. (2010). Lessons Learned: How Early College High Schools Offer a Pathway for High School Reform. NASSP Bulletin, 0192636510384982. https://doi.org/10.1177/0192636510384982
- Klopfenstein, K., & Thomas, M. K. (2009). The Link between Advanced Placement Experience and Early College Success. Southern Economic Journal, 75(3), 873–891.
- Ongaga, K. O. (2010). Students’ Learning Experiences in an Early College High School. Peabody Journal of Education, 85(3), 375–388. https://doi.org/10.1080/0161956X.2010.491708
- Thompson, C., & Ongaga, K. (2011). “Flying the Plane While We Build It”: A Case Study of an Early College High School. The High School Journal, 94(2), 43–57. https://doi.org/10.1353/hsj.2011.0000
ECHS Research Documents: